Thursday, July 7, 2011

Conquer the Bear - Rd 3

 (The 19' Glider I'll be racing in thanks to North Shore Trading Company)

The past week has been a non-stop paddling clinic for me as I attempt to get ready for round number 3 of the Conquer the Bear challenge. If you are not familiar with Conquer the Bear check it out here. After the first 2 rounds I am sitting in 4th place overall, roughly 28 minutes behind 1st place. This weekend's PaddleFest is going to be interesting. The 20K kayak race is long....like really long. There could be some major shake-ups in the ranking after this event. I took a lap around the lake in preparation the other day and with a few stops it took me 4 hours. That is a long time to be in a kayak. Most of my training in the boat has been focused on paddling technique. Throw in a few trips down to China Island and back and after a week I feel much more confident for the race than I did the first day out. Now time to rest the arms and get ready for Sunday's race!

(Seda Kayak Swift's ready for action at PaddleFest)

No comments:

Post a Comment