Monday, May 16, 2011

Time to Ride!

(Time trial bike all ready to go!)

The Cycling Association is holding all sorts of different rides, my favorite being the Thursday Night Time Trials. It will be the same course over the entire summer, with some Thursday nights being "officially" timed. This is a great way to measure progress over the summer. Last week I rode the 10.5 mile course in 27 minutes flat which is an average speed of 23.3 mph. My goal over the course of the summer is to break 24 minutes...just over 26 mph average. Some fast guys showed up last week but I felt the pressure to ride fast because of the new wheels on the bike...I went first out on the course and had to put in a hard effort to not get caught. Sounded like a few of the guys rode in the 26 minute range and local Pro Mountain Biker Derek Hermon was down in the 25's. I am really looking forward to trying to drop my time down and to the weekly get together with a bunch of local riders. For more info on this ride or others check out the info HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment